"A very down-to-earth level" + Overworld Download

4:56 PM, Posted by WhiteYoshiEgg, No Comment

I don't feel like describing all this again, so I'll just post the video and copy the deciption from Youtube.



I felt like making some cool ASM stuff again (Yeah, others who are more experienced with ASM probably won't find this as cool, but still). I suddenly had the idea of limiting the amount of Mario's jumps per level, and felt like showing you the result. There are some minor bugs though (Jump sound still plays when you're not able to jump), but I don't think I can fix that.Also, notice the jump counter in the status bar - It took a LOT of time to get this to look right, and I had to move most other counters around to have enough space for it. (Actually, I wanted it to show the number of jumps you have left instead of the number of jumps you already made, but I got a bunch of errors everytime I tried to do that... Oh well.
I might also make an entire (yet short) hack full of ASM hacks if I have enough ideas/ASM skills.

Also, I finished my overworld and submaps for the contest at SMWC quite some time ago. Here's the link. (As I said, I'm not quite satisfied with it, but anyway.)

No Comment