Custom Block: Screen-Scrolling Doors v2

9:03 PM, Posted by WhiteYoshiEgg, No Comment

Another short post that only shows a video and copies the description... Oh well, since this blog's called "SMW hacking in an eggshell" (which is supposed to be a wordplay with "in a nutshell"), it's okay to keep the posts short, I guess.

Anyway...


Description:
I decided to start working on my "Screen Scrolling Doors" again, and it turned out a LOT better than before. Now the screen actually scrolls, Mario disappears while scrolling, and there are no known bugs (so far).
Maybe, just maybe, I will release this, but it consists of 4 different blocks, whcih have to be inserted multiple times to give them different GFX per tile (like the ledge edges and the dirt, which are actually the same block). Also, I haven't made a left-scrolling door yet, but that will probably take up just as much block space...

No Comment